Quitting Tumblr and the return to Blogger

I've had up and down relationships with blog hosting services. When I first started blogging in 2007, I used blogger, but then I moved the blog to Wordpress because you couldn't have pages on Blogger at the time. Then I started another blog on Blogger, and a year later, 'microblogged' on Tumblr. I updated my Blogger more often, then I stopped updating both, and then I closed down my Blogger and started updating my Tumblr instead. A few weeks ago, I realised that Tumblr is the last place for long text pieces and contemplated reverting back to Blogger (if transferring posts was easy). I finally decided to call it quits when I stumbled on this post from 2011, which has many things I agree with. Tumblr was a space that glorified the most mundane of posts, and it wasn't engaging in any form of dialogue (the fact that you have to install third party comments is proof enough), which is just irritating.

My Tumblr is still there (I've been meaning to write a post redirect people to this blog but have not gotten around to it), which is good since a) I have not finished reposting all my posts from Tumblr, and b) it seems a lot of my audio posts aren't transferring into Blogger so easily. It's funny... it seems that, no matter how much I try, I always come back to Blogger. I think the reason for that is simplicity. Nowadays Blogger has a pages function, and even though the templates aren't aesthetically pleasing (what's up with the ugly drop shadow behind photos you have to remove from the HTML code?), I'm willing to forego that for comfort.